Organic Delivery Company
Unit A156, New Covent Garden, London, Greater London, SW8 5EE
Produce: Organic Fruit and Vegetables.
Operating out of New Covent Garden Market, the Organic Delivery Co have a fantastic network of organic producers and growers, and put together particularly awesome organically certified fruit, vegetables and salad boxes.
Alex Pearce and school friend Gavin Lake have been the organic fruit and veg men of London for 2 decades. Established in 1997, The Organic Delivery Company delivers some of the highest quality and freshest organic fruit and vegetable boxes to homes across London and the UK. They also now stock a range of cheese, wines and pasta.
Operating out of New Covent Garden Market, they have the most fantastic network of organic producers and growers, and put together particularly awesome organically certified fruit, vegetables and salad boxes.
Just like MasterChef Gift Card, the Organic Delivery Company has its own Artisan Network of growers consisting off:
- David Govier, Langridge Organics, Devon: Alex's cousin David has a mixed organic farm including 170 acres of spinach, chard, kale, broccoli, cabbage. Fantastic biodiversity and an array of wildlife at Langridge, where Alex's Uncle Bernard asked him to help out with vegetable deliveries 25 years ago……..the rest is family history!
- Goldhill Organic Farm, Dorset: One of the first organic farms in Dorset, now in their 25th year growing a range of vegetables throughout the year.
- Home Farm, Suffolk: On the historic Orwell Park Estate, light sandy soil is perfect for the production of asparagus, fennel, beetroot, swede, carrots, leeks, onions, sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage.
- Strawberry Fields, Lincolnshire: "inspirational and exotic" vegetables and herbs for those who seek the unusual.
- Woodlands Farm, Lincolnshire: From a fertile area known as South Holland, the grade 1 soil here is ideal for the production of a wide range of veg.
- Cyril Blackmore, Devon: Family owned farm for more than 100 years, growing organic potatoes, root vegetables, apples and carrots. Cyril and Sara are strong believers in the organic movement and will always farm organically to conserve the environment.
- Mole End Farm, Kent: Paul and Sara produce top quality organic pears and apples.
- Skysprouts: A family business since 1984, started when two enthusiastic parents had just 2 children………now supplying 14 varieties of sprouts, chickpeas, beansprouts and radish, they now have 7 children (and blame the sprouts!)
- Steve Haslun, Gloucestershire: Specialist tomato producer, plus cucumber, aubergines and beans grown in 3 acres of glasshouses, with state of the art heating system which uses straw instead of gas for fuel.
- Andy Ward & Father, Kent : From the "Garden of England" in Canterbury Coast, the perfect conditions for the finest organic pumpkins, sweetcorn, leeks, runner beans.
- Carey Organic Farm, Herefordshire : Owned and run by the Soble family, their 45 acres close to the River Wye produce a great supply of 'in season' produce all year round.
- Royal Oak Farm, Lancashire: Peter Lydiate and family have rich, dark soil producing wonderful potatoes, squash, broccoli, cabbage and more. Their unwashed potatoes look as black as coal, but it is worth the effort of washing them as these potatoes taste like they used to!
- Agrinova, East of Sicily: An agricultural co-operative of organic producers in Sicily who produce amazing citrus fruits and vegetable field crops from wonderful soil and a warmer climate.
Neither Alex or Gavin started out in organic fruit and veg. In fact, both had contrasting starts to their careers; Alex started out as a yacht rigger working on the south coast, Gavin was working in securities for a Japanese Bank in the City.
More than 25 years ago, on a fateful Monday whilst Alex was living at his Uncle Bernard's Devon farm (Langridge Organics), he was asked to help out delivering the organic veg. One Monday led to another……….and he's still at it today! Gavin joined the partnership 18 years ago following a rugby match, a few beers and a chat with Alex about delivering the best organic vegetables money can buy!